In 1862, Edward Samuel, a Polish Jew who had converted to Christianity moved to Sleaford. Aged 50, he had until this point lead a somewhat nomadic life, preaching in towns around the country. However, he finally settled in Sleaford, preaching first at the Providence Chapel and subsequently at a chapel built for him, The Temple. It is thought that the Particular Calvinist congregation moved here in 1881. In 1996, White and Sentence opened their piano showroom here and have remained since.