The original Sessions House was located in the southwest corner of the Marketplace. Dating back to 1755, the building was sold to the magistrates by Lord Bristol as he was unwilling to remedy the dilapidated state into which the building had fallen. Charles Kirk was invited to dismantle and rebuild the Sessions House base upon a Tudor-style design by London based architect H Edward Kendall. The overall cost for these works was £7,000. In 2008 Grantham Magistrates Court took over the responsibility for processing local offenders and so the Sleaford Court was closed. Since then, the Sessions House has been sold and converted into a restaurant and offices.