The Sleaford Playhouse
The Playhouse, erected by James Smedley of Market Rasen is one of the last active Georgian Theatres in the country. It opened its doors on the 27th of March 1826. Some thirty years later, the building was converted into a school by Kirk and Parry. In the mid-to-late 20th century it was used as a Department of Social Services benefits office. In 1994, it was purchased by Sleaford Little Theatre and, after undergoing major refurbishment, reopened as a theatre in the year 2000.