St. Denys’ Church

 

Originally called St. Dionysius’ church after the favoured saint of Bishop Alexander, the builder of Sleaford Castle, this church was originally built in the 12th Century. In 1884 local contractors W H Maxey were used to rebuild the west front of the church after a lightning strike caused the tower to collapse. Unfortunately, the tower window was omitted from the rebuilding and it can now be seen standing in the garden at the rear of the church.

Back

St. Denys

St. Denys' Church